Marketing is all about the customer’s experience, and customer engagement is the name of the game. Because they are always ‘on’, customers are potentially always addressable, and campaign management needs to be reimagined for mobility.
But the traditional, linear funnel model doesn’t work anymore, because today’s customer journey is not as straightforward as it once was. But not only that, personalised
campaigns, which have become mainstream in recent years, are no longer sufficient to reach the always-on consumer.
On top of that, marketers themselves are changing. Because they, too, are always on mobile devices and channels, marketing practices must adapt.
1. Adobe Campaign Touchpoint Marketing Guide
5. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 5 ADOBE CAMPAIGN In today’s complex, cross-channel marketing world, proficiency with data and technology is fundamental to success. But there’s more to inspiring customers than data. Marketing must generate and sustain emotions in customers. To create the most enticing experiences, data (science) and creativity (art) must work together. Most companies today face customer journeys that are made ever-more complex because of the multiplicity of channels. Of course, marketing has never been about just one channel, but channels are now emerging at an ever - increasing pace. As a result, it’s a complicated affair to map out a seamless customer journey. This is where joining the art and science of marketing really shines. Using art and emotion helps foster and sustain greater interactions. These, in turn, create data that enriches a brand’s insight into the customer journey and needs. Together, these actions form a cycle that has the power to generate brand affinity, attachment and advocacy. The art and science of inspiring the customer
6. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 6 ADOBE CAMPAIGN The science of acquiring and using data Brands that want to succeed in today’s customer-centric world must harness and use customer data. Marketers require in-depth customer knowledge and insights to prioritise which experiences are best for each customer. They need a single, 360-degree view of each customer that melds all sources of available data in real time. This knowledge has to come from all touchpoints and channels. It must be compiled centrally and shareable across the enterprise. To accomplish these aims, the discipline of customer analytics needs to be an integral part of a brand’s marketing process. Traditionally, marketers have used analytics retroactively to understand past campaigns and improve them for the future. The most successful marketers today also use analytics in real time to inform customer context at all points within the customer lifecycle on any device.
9. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 9 ADOBE CAMPAIGN From marketing funnel to customer lifecycle The proliferation of digital and personal technologies and social networks has disrupted the traditional, linear path of consumer purchasing behaviour. Today, consumer activity is far more complex. Because people now have access to products, product information and reviews at their fingertips, their experiences and decision processes are more fragmented than linear. In this context, the model of the modern customer lifecycle is more relevant than the traditional, ‘flat’ marketing funnel. The figure at the right expresses this circuitous lifecycle path as a pretzel with numerous twists and turns. To support this path, marketers must map out where customers are in the pretzel — in other words, evaluate the importance of each touchpoint — and adjust their responses in real time. Source: PayPal Media Network
13. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 13 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Building the total customer relationship at Match.com Contextual experiences are perhaps nowhere more relevant than in the online dating space. By mapping out all customer touchpoints across all channels, Match.com leverages a coherent, global view of the customer journey. Subscribers receive alerts each time their profiles are viewed. They also get personalised suggestions for members’ profiles that correspond to the criteria they listed when they joined, but never the same selection of profiles more than once. Adobe Campaign gives Match.com a single solution to manage its entire, cross- channel relationship programme. This has enabled over 160 relationship marketing campaigns in addition to millions of real-time alerts sent each day. In-depth customer knowledge has also increased thanks to the automation of campaigns and customer journeys. “Being present at the right time while avoiding being invasive is vital in a sector where everything happens instantaneously,” says Muriel Lemesre, Head of Customer Relations Management. “With Adobe Campaign, we provide a total customer experience.”
14. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 14 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Create a cycle of repeatable customer interactions Establishing the single-customer point of view requires gathering data at more granular levels than many brands are doing today. After this has been done, marketers must use insights gleaned from the data to engage individuals. The goal should be a cycle of repeatable interactions that invite customers into deeper engagement at all touchpoints and contexts. This sets up a virtuous cycle of connection: as you interact with your customers, you gain more data about them that you can use to refine your future interactions.
15. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 15 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Investing in your most valuable customers Not all customers are equal, and you can’t please everyone. So identify and invest the most in the ones that are the most valuable. These customers are those who habitually come back and make purchases or share their positive experiences with others to become brand influencers. You want to consider what they think about your products and services. Why did they choose you? First, identify customer profiles by gathering basic demographic data, such as age, gender and income. Next focus on measuring the following attributes of your most valuable customers: • Interests • Affinity, satisfaction, loyalty, net promoter score (NPS) • Value (purchases, positive reviews, influencing , participation) • Scoring and creation of business value Knowing as much as possible about your high-value customers is necessary for building meaningful, contextual experiences with them and future customers.
3. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 3 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Customers have changed. With digital screens providing access to an ever-growing number of channels, people have a huge spectrum of new, intimate ways of connecting with brands. They can interact and shop any time and on the go. In addition, customers have almost unlimited access to products, product information and reviews — instantly and at their fingertips — empowering them to talk about brands and voice their opinions like never before. Marketing is all about the customer’s experience, and customer engagement is the name of the game. Because they are always ‘on’, customers are potentially always addressable, and campaign management needs to be reimagined for mobility. But the traditional, linear funnel model doesn’t work anymore, because today’s customer journey is not as straightforward as it once was. But not only that, personalised campaigns, which have become mainstream in recent years, are no longer sufficient to reach the always-on consumer. On top of that, marketers themselves are changing. Because they, too, are always on mobile devices and channels, marketing practices must adapt. Introduction to touchpoint marketing
4. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 4 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Touchpoint marketing is a way to meet these demands. Touchpoint marketing aims to orchestrate an enticing and contextual customer experience to continuously and emotionally inspire the always-connected customer. Touchpoint marketing fits the world we live in today. Customers are empowered, and they expect consistent and personalised experiences delivered in context. Yet marketers often frustrate them with an onslaught of disconnected, irrelevant communications. To win, marketers must reinvent themselves to engage their customers in meaningful conversations on any device or channel. Digital screens and mobile devices hold the key to connecting on this one-to-one level. Companies that layer pertinent and contextual data into their digital strategy will also cultivate stronger brand advocates and drive greater brand affinity, loyalty and purchases. This guide outlines the touchpoint marketing approach, with a focus on several key points. One is the blending of art and science to create compelling , emotional experiences. Another is moving from the model of the marketing funnel to the customer lifecycle. Finally, we’ll discuss shifting from personalised campaigns to contextual interactions.
10. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 10 ADOBE CAMPAIGN To orchestrate a continuous relationship throughout the customer lifecycle, marketers must consider several points. • Reframe the customer lifecycle as a complete experience within which touchpoints are milestones along the way. Individual touchpoints are important, of course, but focusing on the lifecycle as the indivisible unit helps you maintain consistency between touchpoints and between channels. • Focus on the high-value tasks that customers try to achieve. These tasks might cross online and offline channels, such as direct mail, email, kiosk, in-store, mobile apps, social networks and website. • Design for complete, end-to-end touchpoint experiences that work together and support each other. Orchestrating a continuous customer relationship 1. Keep an eye on the big picture 2. Focus on high-value tactics 3. Design an end-to-end strategy
11. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 11 ADOBE CAMPAIGN From personalised campaigns to contextual interactions In the past few years, personalised campaigns have gone from cutting edge to mainstream. They’ve worked so well that brands everywhere have jumped on the wagon. But campaigns that are merely personalised are so common now that they no longer differentiate the brands using them. Not only that, consumers are starting to tune them out, with 63% of consumers feeling ‘numb’ by the personalised- campaign experience. Marketers need a new model. Contextual experiences are proving the answer for the always-connected consumer. With contextualisation, the personalisation focus has gone from segments to individuals. How do you get there? This is where the blending of art and science comes in. Data allows you to move from mere personalisation into the realm of contextual marketing , and art engages the emotions. Source: Economist Intelligence Unit, 2013
16. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 16 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Brands that want to fully implement touchpoint marketing need the right technology. There isn’t an off-the-shelf solution, because every brand’s needs are different. You might already have some pieces, but most brands want to adopt a touchpoint marketing platform that can sustain their needs over the long run. The following table illustrates needs and suggested solutions to deliver real-time, two-way, insight-driven interactions with individual customers. Need Technology solution Ideas for using Deliver meaningful, contextual experiences to customers. A/B testing and offer-management solution that dynamically tests and presents highly customised experiences Determine which content and offers resonate most with each customer and dynamically offer them in real time. Deliver seamless experiences across channels. Cross-channel campaign management and orchestration solution Design, orchestrate and execute consistent communications across all channels, and measure results on the fly on all devices. Turn customer interactions into actionable insights. High-performance, real-time analytics solution Power campaigns with rich analytics to execute programmes in real time. Augment the system of record for visitor data using mobile devices. Easily create, find, review, share, approve and publish brand assets. Web experience management solution that optimises content authoring , management and delivery Streamline digital assets across campaigns and communities and ensure that the right content is displayed at the right time. Technology building blocks for touchpoint marketing
17. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 17 ADOBE CAMPAIGN About Adobe Campaign Adobe Campaign, formerly Neolane, provides best-in-class campaign, offer and personalisation management capabilities for sophisticated automation and execution of marketing programmes across all channels — digital and traditional. Adobe Campaign addresses a key challenge for marketers: how to build and extend relationships with their customer base to drive top-line revenue growth and ROI. Adobe Campaign is used by more than 500 of the world’s leading brands, including Alcatel-Lucent, barnesandnoble.com, Sears Canada, Sephora Europe and Sony Music. Marketers finally have a complete, integrated solution for all their marketing efforts. Analytics, social, media optimisation, targeting , web experience management — and now cross-channel campaign management with Adobe Campaign — Adobe Marketing Cloud does it all. Learn more at www.adobe.com/campaign Follow Adobe Campaign on Twitter at www.twitter.com/adobecampaign
8. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 8 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Melding art and science at vente-privee For vente-privee.com, combining art and science to focus on customers is integral to its success. photo credit: Olivier Roller “We see the customer as the centre of our entire business.” Ilan Benhaїm, co-founder and executive partner in charge of innovation and technology Unlike most retailers, vente-privee’s inventory changes frequently. With 10,000 flash sales every year — each lasting only 3–5 days — the company is constantly creating new product images. Adobe Creative Cloud solutions help vente-privee produce up to 20,000 compelling , high-quality photos a day. The brand doesn’t rely on search engines to generate traffic, but instead carries out an intensive programme of contextual emails. Adobe Campaign enables vente-privee to access customer profiles in real time to determine which types of products interest each customer. By combining this information with sophisticated audience segments, the company reliably delivers contextualised email messages to over 23 million global members. “Our business depends upon our ability to find the right customers quickly,” says Benhaїm. “With Adobe Marketing Cloud and Creative Cloud, we have the tools to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time.” Watch now: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-marketing-cloud/venteprivee- customer-success-video-with-marketing-cloud-and-creative-cloud/
12. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 12 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Identifying individual customers and their contexts Consumers interact with your brand outside of campaigns all the time. For this reason, marketers need to look beyond aggregate customer segments and stitch together a singular identity for each customer across all channels. To achieve this, marketers must study in detail the devices, locations, time, activities and other factors defining the customer context. In fact, as shown in the figure, research indicates that most brands today do not have a strong capability in the single- customer viewpoint. Source: Econsultancy and Adobe. Channels in Concert: Trends in Integrated Marketing . 2013.
7. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 7 ADOBE CAMPAIGN The art of building emotion The human brain is divided into two hemispheres. The right hemisphere handles creativity and emotion, and the left hemisphere handles knowledge and reason. In the past, marketing focused primarily on left - brain thinking. With society paying more attention to the potential of the right hemisphere, a scope of opportunities opens up for marketers. How can you tap into emotions to develop stronger relationships with customers and cultivate greater loyalty? The way to build emotion is to deliver enticing content to the right person at the right moment along the customer lifecycle. The real emotional metric is the value that customers get from the content you provide them. Create valuable storytelling and content based on need that supports and deepens the relationship at each stage of the lifecycle Integrate most valuable customers in a stakeholder family MAP customer needs Seamlessly integrate storytelling and content into campaigns on all devices Generate word of mouth and turn customers into advocates Building Emotion roughout the Customer Lifecycle
2. ADOBE CAMPAIGN | Touchpoint Marketing Guide 2 ADOBE CAMPAIGN Touchpoint Marketing Guide Table of contents 3 Introduction to touchpoint marketing 5 The art and science of inspiring the customer 6 The science of acquiring and using data 7 The art of building emotion 8 Melding art and science at vente-privee 9 From marketing funnel to customer lifecycle 10 Orchestrating a continuous customer relationship 11 From personalised campaigns to contextual interactions 12 Identifying individual customers and their contexts 13 Building the total customer relationship at Match.com 14 Create a cycle of repeatable customer interactions 15 Investing in your most valuable customers 16 Technology building blocks for touchpoint marketing
- 985 Total des vues
- 746 Vues du Site web
- 239 Vues incluses
- Partages sociaux
- 0 Aime
- 0 N'aime pas
- 0 Commentaires
Partagez le comptage
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
Email Comes of Age2095 Vues.
Sum of Its Parts1323 Vues.
FinTech Outlook for 20171235 Vues.
Digital Transformation Project Report1137 Vues.
State of Content1124 Vues.
Mobile Up Close And Personal995 Vues.
Top Three Tech Trends 2016914 Vues.
Cross-Channel Marketing784 Vues.